Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Harris County CSCD is taking additional measures to ensure the safety of our clients and their families. If clients are unable to report to their CSO's as usual, ALL regularly scheduled visit will occur via Skype for Business. Below are the instructions for downloading the app on your device.
1. Download the Skype for Business app on your device.
Apple: Skype for Business Apple
Android: Skype for Business for Android
The Skype for Business app is free. Please be aware that this will utilize your data plan. If you do not have an unlimited data plan, it is recommended to utilize Wi-Fi connectivity.
When using the Skype for Business app for the first time, you must click "Allow" or "Accept" on all permissions (microphone, camera, etc.) requested and for the license agreement.
2. Once your officer has set up a meeting, you will receive an email with the link. Click 'Join Skype Meeting' after downloading the app. Clicking the link will open up the Skype for Business App
3. Click 'Join as Guest' in Skype for Business.
4. Enter your name and hit the blue arrow to connect
5. You will see a message " Welcome. You are now in the lobby". Please be patient; your officer will connect you to the conversation soon.
6. Once connected, press the blue button on the screen that looks like a camera. This will turn on your camera and allow your officer to see you during the meeting. You'll also be able to see your officer when they turn on their webcam.