Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Harris County CSCD is taking additional measures to ensure the safety of our clients and their families. If clients are unable to report to their CSO's as usual, ALL regularly scheduled visit will occur via Microsoft Teams. Below are the instructions for downloading the app on your device.
1. Download the Microsoft Teams app on your device.
Apple: Microsoft Teams Apple
Android: Microsoft Teams Android
The Microsoft Teams app is free. Please be aware that this will utilize your data plan. If you do not have an unlimited data plan, it is recommended to utilize Wi-Fi connectivity.
When using the Microsoft Teams app for the first time, you must click "Allow" or "Accept" on all permissions (microphone, camera, etc.) requested and for the license agreement.
2. Once your officer has set up a meeting, you will receive an email with the link. Click "Click here to join the Meeting' after downloading the app. Clicking the link will open up the Microsoft Teams app.
3. Click 'Join as Guest' in Microsoft Teams.
4. Enter your name and hit the "Join Meeting" button to connect.
5. You will see a message " Someone in the meeting should let you in soon". Please be patient; your officer will connect you to the conversation soon.
6. Once connected, press the camera button on the bottom left of the screen. This will turn on your camera and allow your officer to see you during the meeting. You'll also be able to see your officer when they turn on their webcam. Click on the microphone to enable your microphone. It should say "You are unmuted".